Travel Island WordPress
Travel Island WordPress
Latest Update: July 2015
- Added WooCommerce Support
- Added WordPress 4.2 Support
- Added easy shortcode editing buttons
- Added WooCommerce Facebook Integration
- Added GPS Map Tracking integration
- Improved the default content installation process
- Fixed some bugs
Travel Island is a Premium WordPress e-Commerce theme that is easy to setup and comes with a great bunch of features. Perfect for a holiday, travel information, hotel, accommodation, surfing or destination themed website. Travel Island can be used with the professional WooCommerce e-Commerce system for online sales (optional).
Responsive – Mobile, Tablet and Desktop PC
- Easy sidebar manager (view screenshot)
- Google Font Selector
- Easy to use Image Slider with different layout options (see demo)
- Professional e-Commerce with WooCommerce See Demo
- Automatic Theme Update Notifications
- Responsive CSS Layout – iPhone and Tablet friendly
- Custom Photo Gallery Style
- Bonus! Facebook Page Integration (see below)
- Bonus! GPS Map Tracking Plugin (see below)
- Google Map shortcode – insert a Google Map onto any page (see example)
- Banner Shortcode
- Icon Shortcode
Quick Installation Video
Full documentation for this theme is available by clicking here: Travel Island WP Theme Documentation – you can also view a short screencast that shows how to set this theme up so it looks like the demo.
This theme comes with a unique and easy to use Sidebar Manager. Easily control if sidebars appear on the left or right of your pages, or hide them all together. Simply navigate to the page you wish to change (eg: the home page) and change the option from the top admin bar.
You can even choose which sidebar to display on individual pages. A great feature for getting that unique looking website.
Here is a preview:
BONUS: GPS Map Tracking Plugin
Hot off the press is this brand new Google My Tracks Map Plugin. Import your existing KML/KMZ map files into WordPress to create your own log of recommended walks, tours or destinations.
Record a GPS track on your phone using the free Google My Tracks app, and then load that into your WordPress blog. Check out the live demo here to see what is currently possible:
Please note: this is a seriously hot plugin, version 1 was only finished a few days ago so there are lots of improvements and fixes to be added. I just wanted to get this out to you as quickly as possible! Stay tuned for updates.
BONUS: WooCommerce Facebook Integration
If you are planning to sell products via your new website, we recommend using WooCommerce (details below). WooCommerce is a free addition to any WordPress website. This theme comes with a bonus WooCommerce Facebook feature.
IMPORTANT: Your website needs SSL in order for this to work, check that https://yourwebsite.com works.
This special feature allows you to link your website store up to your Facebook Page so people can browse your shop products directly from Facebook. You will get a custom shop icon on your Facebook Page like this:
When users click on this icon they are taken to a special shop page showing all your products. Users can add products to their cart directly from Facebook and then checkout via your website.
- WordPress 4.2 or above
- The ability to install WordPress themes & plugins
- Decent web development skills in order to many any advanced theme changes (i.e. if you want to make the theme look or function differently to the demo)
We hope you enjoy this template, we had a great time making it. Thanks!