What’s new in version 2.0?
- Here comes data attributes: Now you can customize individual tooltips. For a list of data attributes available, see docs.
- Bugfix: Solves snappy scrolling in some touch-devices.
- Bugfix: Solves precision error where exchange rate < 0.0001
Smart Currency Converter is a jQuery plugin that automatically detects the currency of your website visitor, converts all the prices of the website to that currency, and shows them in a beautiful and lightweight way.
- Easy installation.
- Two modes of display: 1) Tooltip and 2) Replace original price.
- Visitor’s currency is automatically detected.
- Exchange rates are fetched using Yahoo Finance API. So they are always updated.
- Exchange rates can be overridden if needed.
- Convert and show prices in multiple currencies at the same time.
- Modern design with 5 predefined themes and animations.
- Supports customization of individual pricetags by HTML5 data-* attributes.
- Mobile friendly. Triggered by touch in touch devices.
- Supports 237 countries and 157 currencies. (FYI many currencies are used in multiple countries, like Euro)
- Supports all modern browsers including IE 8 and up.
Two display modes
Beautiful Built-in Themes
New themes with different colors and animations can be easily added by CSS.
For demos and docs, see here.
Special thanks to Caleb Jacob and Louis Ameline for their tooltipster plugin.