What’s new in version r14:
An Ionic 5.x version of the app has been released. Ionic 1.x, Ionic 3.x, Ionic 4.x and Ionic 5.x versions are all included in the download file.
What’s new in version r13:
Supported sign in with Google & Facebook account
What’s new in version r12:
Fixes & improvements on the ordering process.
More apps for your business needs
Restaurant Ionic is a complete solution that consists of a mobile application and a powerful content backend with data updates. It suits any restaurant’s needs to display its menu and receive orders from customers. The app provides an easy user interface helping customers to navigate through menu categories, place orders and proceed with the checkout. The restaurant ionic app comes with a pack of useful features such as favorites, special offers and customized orders.
This distribution includes 4 versions of the Restaurant Ionic app. The first version is based on Ionic 1.x, the second on Ionic 3.x, the third on Ionic 4.x and the fourth on Ionic 5.x.
In a nutshell
The ultimate tool to build a mobile app for your restaurant, supporting offers, featuring products and more. Minimal setup effort, no code required.
Why choose Restaurant Ionic
- No code knowledge or tech development required
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Highly customizable structure, with modular architecture
- Comes with carefully curated color themes
- Easy installation, detailed quick start guide
- Easily maintainable data, via the Firebase Graphical User Interface
- Free updates: new features added constantly
- One codebase compatible with Android and iOS
- Quick and efficient Support
Help us improve this app in a way that absolutely makes sense. Suggest the next feature you would like to see implemented. We are taking suggestions very seriously.
1. Integration with Firebase for Backend management
The Restaurant Ionic app comes with a powerful, flexible solution for backend management, by integrating Firebase. Firebase is a powerful solution for your mobile or web application, through which you can power your app’s backend, including data storage, user authentication, static hosting, and more. A great choice leading to easy data maintenance.
2. Home Screen
Restaurant Ionic home screen displays menu categories, location map and restaurant’s open hours, all available within a single tap. Home screen slideshow can promote numerous products and special offers according to restaurant’s needs.
3. Menu Presentation and product customization
Menu categories are displayed in card form with a title and a thumbnail. Menu items can be organised into categories with a title, a thumbnail and a price.
Product screen provides additional information including:
- A slideshow of images
- A “favorite button”
- An “Add to Cart” button
- A “Quick add to cart” button
Products can be displayed with basic and extra options to enable users choosing according to their preference.
4. Shopping Cart
Restaurant Ionic comes with a fully functional shopping cart. User can fully customize his order and:
- Add or remove ingredients
- Select extra options
- Select product size / price option
- Choose quantity before they add an item in their cart or quickly add it to their cart with a single tap without the need to define a quantity (default quantity is 1 item)
An aggregated list of orderded items is detailed presented accompanied with sub-total and total prices. Quantity change and item removal from the cart is an option too.
5. Delivery Methods
Two delivery methods are available:
- Home delivery: User is able to place their personal detailsand submit his order to the restaurant’s email address.
- Take away: A pin on the map shows the exact location of the restaurant along with the restaurant address. Also, a confirmation button sends the order details to the user’s email address.
- Dine in: This option can be used easily by any restaurant employee or customers who want to place their order using the app and enjoy their meal at the restaurant. Table info as well as customer’s email, phone and order notes are part of the order submission.
The forms for the user’s personal details on order confirmation are auto-completed after his first order submission.
6. Favorite Products
Users can create a favorite product list. From the Favorites Screen users can have quick access to their product list or share it by sending an email.
7. Restaurant Information
The contact screen displays restaurant information. It also enables users to interact with app making one tap phone call, get direction or connect with social networks.
One tap actions:
- Call us: It will make the device to start a call to the phone number you have defined
- Send us an Email: Mailer will open with your business’s email already set so as the user won’t need to type it
- Map / Get directions: The map application which is already installed on the device will be launched to show your exact location on the map and the User will be able to get directions to reach your business.(Note: You can set more than one locations in the configuration file)
- Visit us on Facebook: Users will be able to see business’s social profile with just one click
7.1 Open hours
Let users know if the restaurant is open at the particular time they open the application. The app gets the current time from the device, takes into account the time zone of the business and the device and displays a friendly message to the users. A list of the open hours is also displayed in the “Contact Us” screen.
7.2 Social networks
Restaurant Ionic app provides four buttons for the most popular social networks; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest so clients will be able to see your social profile with just one click.
8. Remote data
There is also the option to configure Restaurant Ionic app to fetch data either from a local location or a remote one (e.g. Amazon S3) where data are stored in JSON files. The source URLs for Menu Categories and News listings are set in the application’s configuration file. Images, Galleries, texts and whole entries can be updated by adjusting the remote sources. Nevertheless, rebuilding and re-distributing the application are not required for constant updates.
The same applies for the pins in the live map too. In order to add and configure the pin points you just need to adjust the remote source.
Also, news and announcements about your restaurant can be displayed by using a remote JSON structure or your already existing Wordpress and/or Drupal site. Everything you need for that is already built and no additional code is required.
9. Easy Configuration / Modular Architecture
Menu categories and items can be adjusted by just updating their JSON files. They only need to be placed in the related folder and everything else is set up and ready to be used.
Besides, Restaurant Ionic’s modular architecture is going to eliminate any unnecessary complexity for the configuration of the rest features too. Its code is clean and well-organised into modules to make configuration even easier.
Restaurant Ionic 5.x
5.0 - Apr 10, 2020 - Initial release
Restaurant Ionic 4.x
4.2 - Nov 21, 2019 - Support sign in with Google & Facebook account 4.1 - Oct 24, 2019 - Return back to the Home screen after emailing the order - Empty the Cart products after finishing the order - Save the client's data after a successfull order 4.0 - Oct 3, 2019 - Initial release
Restaurant Ionic 3.x
3.0 - May 25, 2018 - Initial release
Restaurant Ionic 1.x